As any content marketing professional worth their salt knows, writing isn't just about crafting engaging content – it's also about staying on top of the latest technology and trends in the industry. And there are only so many times you can go to the well of inspiration before you need to turn to a new source.
Enter Frase, an AI-powered writing platform that claims to help content creators produce high-quality SEO-optimized articles in a fraction of the time and cost typically required.
But does Frase really live up to its promises?
In this comprehensive Frase review, we'll take a look at all the key features of Frase and help you decide if Frase is the right writing platform for you.
What is Frase?
At its core, Frase is an AI-powered writing platform that helps writers of all skill levels create engaging and persuasive content quickly and easily.
With Frase, you can craft your copy from scratch or use Frase's existing templates and content suggestions to help you get started.
Not only does Frase also offer content optimization, but it also allows you to compare your copy with that of your competitors! Plus, with an in-built analytics feature, you can spot gaps in your content strategy and work to improve these areas for better results.
With all of this sounding almost too good to be true, let's dive into the nitty gritty of Frase and see what it's really all about.
There are a lot of features that set this AI-powered writing platform apart from its competition, and a few of our favourites include:
The 5 main tools that comprise the Documents section of this AI writer allow content creators to produce high-level copy in minutes instead of hours:
Frase provides a breakdown of the most important metrics for your search query. It shows the average word count, header information, domain authority, and backlinks. It then allows you to automate a content brief for your project.
Clicking on the headers from the Research tool results adds automatically them as an outline that can be pasted into Frase's intuitive text editor. Adding your own headers alongside Frase's suggestions helps create unique, tailored copy.
Frase's AI-writer allows you to tweak and adjust the suggested copy to ensure it meets your needs. Frase lets the user choose from a wide range of predefined outputs (like SEO, Q&A, Rewrite), making it an ideal tool for those who produce a lot of content on a regular basis.
Frase helps you generate targeted content that is topically relevant to specific search queries. Frase's content optimization tool will scour the top 20-ranking pages related to your query and provide a detailed report of the best-performing content. Frase also gives your content a score in comparison to the best-performing content.
Links - Internal and external links are automatically generated as suggestions. Frase also provides the ability to review links and insert or delete those that aren't relevant to your content.
AI-generated content briefs
With Frase's AI-generated content briefs, you can easily create a custom project brief for your content. Frase uses data from search results to automatically generate a content outline highlighting the perfect keywords and targets that are most closely related to your search query. Frase also supplies you with the option of using more manual ways of doing this.
With the Frase Pro Add-on, search volume and backlink data become accessible to content creators. This AI writer will unlock unlimited potential for those who use it within their workflow without getting stuck on 20k characters/month limitations!
Frase AI writing tool offerings are vast. Here's a list of just some of those users can benefit from:
- AI Content Generator
- Outline Generator
- Paraphrasing Tool
- Paragraph Rewriter
- Title Generator
Let's dive into what makes Frase such a powerful platform when it comes to producing content that is search engine optimized:
- Google Search Console (GSC) content analytics - Frase has a 1-click Google Search Console integration to activate Content Analytics. With this, you can track your content's performance, get insights on what topics to write about next, and optimize your existing content.
- Outline builder - Frase's outline builder allows you to quickly and easily create outlines for your content. Frase automatically suggests headers based on search results, letting you pick between Frase's suggestions or simply adding your own as well.
- Wikipedia concept map - Frase helps content creators quickly visualize their content's concept map, making it easier to identify gaps and fill them with new content. The map is created by tapping into Wikipedia's knowledge bank of more than 50 million pages about everything!
- Topic planner (beta) - Just like its name suggests Frase's topic planner helps you quickly find the right topics to write about based on your search keywords. Frase will auto-populate a list of topics appearing in the top 20 search results on Google.
How Frase helps you streamline your content creation process:
- Google Docs add-on - Frase's Google Docs integration allows you to access Frase from within your Google Doc. This means you can use the power of Frase while whilst in your Google Doc and share also it with other collaborators.
- WordPress plug-in - Frase lets you research and optimize your content while you work in your WordPress Gutenberg or Classic editor. This is a pretty big deal because of the time-saving on offer. You get to focus on the actual writing, rather than having to constantly jump between Frase and WordPress.
Frase offers three different pricing plans to fit your needs:
- The Solo plan is $14.99 USD per month and includes 1 user seat, 4 articles per month, and 20,000 AI characters per month.
- The Team plan is $44.99 USD per month and includes 1 user seat, 30 articles per month, and 20,000 AI characters per month.
- The Enterprise plan is $114.99 USD per month and includes 3 user seats (extra seats are $25 USD per month), unlimited articles, and is still limited to 20,000 AI characters per month unless you add on the 'Pro' pack.
Frase alternatives and competitors
Let's find out how Frase compares against some of its competitors:
Frase vs Jasper
Frase has come a long way to catch up to Jasper in terms of features and capabilities. Whilst Jasper's AI-writing capabilities are more advanced, Frase allows writers the freedom and flexibility to output a range of content types; however, these are more limited in scope than Japser's powerful AI-backed templates. Frase has its own SEO toolset whereas if you want this feature in Jasper, you will have to pay for a Surfer SEO subscription.
Another area in which Frase clearly leads the way is in pricing. Jasper's base tier plan starts at $40 USD per month but Frase's base tier starts at just $14.99 USD per month. Frase is clearly the winner if you want to write content at a budget!
Frase vs Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO is another popular tool used by SEO and content marketers. Surfer SEO is primarily a content optimization tool with its SERP analyzer feature helping you to write content that is optimized for SEO. As mentioned above, Surfer SEO does however offer an integration with Jasper AI which can help you generate content.
Frase on the other hand was initially focused on helping you create content, however it does now offer SEO features which help you optimize for SEO.
Surfer SEO starts at $49 USD per month for its content optimization features, while Frase starts at ony $19.99 USD per month.
Frase pros and cons
If you are still on the fence about Frase, here is a quick run-down of its pros and cons:
- Frase's SEO features make it easier than ever to optimize your content for the best performance possible.
- Frase's integration with leading platforms like Google Docs and WordPress mean you can access Frase wherever you are and whenever you need it.
- Frase is highly affordable, with pricing plans starting at $14.99 USD per month.
- Frase's AI capabilities aren't as advanced as some other AI writing platforms like Jasper.
- Frase does not provide the same SERP analysis to help you write SEO-optimized content as Surfer SEO does.
Frase is a great choice for copywriters who want to optimise and track their content, as well as those who need an AI writing platform that integrates with other popular platforms.
Frase is much more affordable than many competitors and offers plenty of features to help you write high-quality and engaging content on a consistent basis.
If your needs are more advanced SEO features, Frase may not be the best option for you, but if Frase sounds like a good match for you and your business needs, then go ahead and sign up today!